Quick-Revving, 649cc Parallel-Twin Engine
- Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 8-valve fuel injected twin cylinder delivers smooth, responsive performance, especially in the low to medium rpm range
- Excellent mid-range power, exceptional roll-on response and impressive passing performance make even commuter traffic enjoyable
- Silky smooth engine vibes via a 180° crankshaft driven balancer shaft, which in turn drives the water pump
- Oil jets on the connecting rod big ends spray oil on the undersides of the pistons to aid cooling
- Lightweight plug-mounted ignition coils deliver a hot spark and save space
- Wide radiator offers plenty of cooling efficiency
- New coolant routing travels directly to the engine cases, then on to the cylinder and head through internal passages, which reduces external plumbing and keep the cooling system simple
- Fine-tuned shift lever position is easy to use
Digital Fuel Injection
- Fuel injection settings permit a healthy bottom-end torque while letting the engine rev fast
- Sub-throttle valve equipped 38mm Keihin throttle bodies offer optimum performance and rideability
- Located behind the main throttle valves, the sub-throttles are controlled by the DFI® system ECU for a precise throttle response, similar to a constant-velocity carburetor
- Auto-fast idle system simplifies starting and helps ensure the catalyzer reaches optimum temperature quickly
- The lightweight fuel pump is mounted inside the fuel tank.
Compact Engine Design
- Powerful twin-cylinder engine is the most compact in its category, which helps reduce the dimension of the entire motorcycle and allows use of a slim, minimalist frame
- Triangular setup of the crankshaft and transmission shafts makes the engine short front-to-back
- Transmission input shaft, output shaft and change drum are contained in a “cassette”-style package that allows a compact layout and eases transmission maintenance chores
- Semi-dry sump design reduces engine height
- Plated, linerless aluminum cylinders with a narrow cylinder pitch keep the engine light and slim
- Efficient fuel injection and a three-way catalyzer inside the exhaust produce very low emissions, able to pass the stringent Euro-III emission regulations
- Utilizes a compact and light 300-cell catalyzer unit
- Under-engine muffler placement improves mass centralization and the bike's low center of gravity
- The exhaust pipe bend and under-engine muffler arrangement contribute to the ER-6n's attractive styling
- Rubber upper-rear engine mounts decrease the vibration transferred to the rider through the seat
- Handlebar is rubber-mounted to lessen vibration transmitted through the handle grips
- Rider and passenger footpegs are rubber coated to further reduce vibration
Lighter Handling Trellis Frame
- Frame has all the key ER-6n elements — slim, low, lightweight and compact design that is narrow at the knees and footpegs for rider comfort and control
- The strong, high-tensile steel trellis frame not only looks lightweight, but it is – rivaling that of aluminum frames
- Featuring balanced rigidity, achieved through extensive 3D analysis translates directly into superb handling
- The frame, rear suspension and swingarm designs flow together with an integrated line running from the steering head to the rear hub
- Short front-to-back dimensions of the engine allow for a long swingarm and a short wheelbase combination that contributes to the light and nimble handling
- Swingarm stiffness to balance the frame rigidity – due primarily to the rubber engine mounts
- The D-shaped cross-section swingarm, stabilizer, chain adjuster design and elegant one-piece rider/passenger footpeg stays complement to the ER-6n's high-quality appearance
- Front and rear suspension settings to match the frame and swingarm rigidity values for lighter, rider-friendly handling
- Shape of the 41mm fork lower ends around the axle shaft adds to the bike's performance and high quality image
Confidence Inspiring Ergonomics
- An ideal handlebar, seat and footpeg relationship results in a comfortable and natural riding position suiting a wide range of riders
- Frame narrows just aft of the fuel tank enabling a slimmer seat, making the reach to the ground even easier
- The offset single-shock rear suspension layout with the battery located beside the shock instead of beneath it allows a lower seat height as well
- Low seat height and slim overall design make it easy to plant both feet firmly on the ground when stopped
- Aluminum passenger grips are positioned and shaped for easy grabbing by the passenger
Sharp Masculine Styling
- Angular, stacked dual headlight and its shroud contribute to the ER-6n's masculine image and features two position lights
- Headlights can be adjusted behind the headlight cover
- Reinforcing the ER-6n's masculine styling, the sharp, edgy radiator shrouds feature integrated front turn signals with clear lenses and orange bulbs and forward-leaning lines
- A flush-surface fuel cap and its sharp-edged motif give the tank a distinctive look
- The new ER-6n's compact front-to-rear appearance is enhanced by the short front cowl, short rear cowl with its LED tail light and shrouds that start behind the front fork
- Finishing out the bike's aggressive image is a sharp tail cowl design featuring a slimmer rear mud flap and turn signals that can also function as hazard lights
- A long front fender keeps the mud splashing to a minimum and its two-tone design matches the ER-6n's light, compact theme
- An inner rear fender helps keep the underside of the tail cowl clean
- Storage options include four tie-down hooks for baggage or a spare helmet to be secured to the seat and a storage space under the seat with room for a U-lock or similar device
- Mirror design is a similar supersport-style and offer an unparalleled rear view
- Dual 300mm front petal disc brakes with twin 27mm piston front brake calipers and a single 220mm rear petal disc deliver plenty of braking power
- Housed in a curved brake master cylinder reservoir , the front brake lever utilizes an optimized ball-joint and pivot location to deliver smooth actuation of its 14mm master cylinder piston
- Attractive six-spoke supersport-style wheels augment the bike's light look while reducing unsprung weight
- Stacked instrument cluster has a sharp design and clean layout with an analog speedometer that uses white LED backlights for excellent visibility at night
- The multi-function LCD screen has amber backlighting and its features include a fuel gauge, bar-style digital tachometer, clock, odometer and dual trip meters
- Inner cover inside the front cowl provides a clean appearance in this area
- Handlebar mount design and curved shapes on the brake master cylinder reservoir and clutch lever contribute further to the ER-6n's masculine appearance
- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder, parallel twin
- Displacement: 649 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 83.0 x 60.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
- Maximum Torque: 48.5 lb/ft @7,000 rpm
- Cooling: Liquid
- Fuel Injection: Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 24.5°/4.0 in.
- Front Tire Size: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire Size: 160/60-17
- Wheelbase: 55.3 in.
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Single offset laydown shock with adjustable spring preload / 4.9 in.
- Front Brake Type: Dual 300mm Petal Disc with 2-Piston Caliper
- Rear Brake Type: Single 220mm Petal Disc with hydraulic caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.1 gal.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 442 lbs.
- Overall length: 82.7 in.
- Overall width: 29.9 in.
- Overall height: 43.3 in.
- Color: Candy Plasma Blue
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months